dream it’s possible…
to find a cure for pancreatic cancer.
Change doesn’t just happen. It requires action; it requires you.
- Make a donation by clicking here
- Like our Mattress Firm Foundation facebook page and post it to your wall or follow us on Twitter
- Visit our Dream Book to Share photos and stories of how pancreatic cancer has affected you or why you support our dream
- Write your local representatives encouraging them to fight for more funding
- Most of all - pay it forward. Tell 10 friends about our efforts and ask them to do the same
JUST HOW GREAT IS THE NEED?
As with any need, funding is a priority. Pancreatic cancer research needs funding now to conduct clinical trials to help evolve treatment quickly. Pancreatic cancer also needs advocates. People like you to raise awareness in our communities.
Currently, only 2% of the National Cancer Institute’s $5+billion federal research funds are applied to pancreatic cancer. In fact, in 2010, the National Cancer Institute spent almost 20% of their budget on breast cancer.
To put it in perspective, in 2010 the breast cancer survival rate was 95%. Pancreatic cancer’s survival rate was and remains at 6%. In fact, breast cancer diagnosis was six times greater than pancreatic cancer diagnosis. Yet, breast and pancreatic cancer each took the lives of over 36,000 Americans.
This is why your voice is so important. With increased awareness will come increased funding. To get there, we need you. Even if you haven’t been affected by pancreatic cancer, the research and clinical trials led by Dr. Von Hoff can reveal the key to treating any cancer, neurological disorder such as MS, or diabetes.
Since February 2011, The Mattress Firm Foundation has raised over $400K for clinical trials at TGen. Every dollar we raise goes straight to funding the trials and providing hope to patients.
Have an idea to help us make an impact? Click here to send it our way.